Half a century after the release of the film Fantastic Voyage, science upstages fiction with Professor Sylvain Martel's nanorobotic agents designed to travel in the human body to treat cancer
Fifty years to the day after the film Fantastic Voyage was first shown in theatres, the Polytechnique Montréal Nanorobotics Laboratory is unveiling a unique medical interventional infrastructure devoted to the fight against cancer. The outcome of 15 years of research conducted by Professor Sylvain Martel and his team, it enables microscopic nanorobotic agents to be guided through the vascular systems of living bodies, delivering drugs to targeted areas.
Read more here.
The Fantastic Voyage of Professor Sylvain Martel
Breakfast with the Chiefs - Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - Toronto, ON
Dr. Edward Brown
Watch: Transitioning to value based healthcare in top tier healthcare systems. Omar Ishrak at BWTC
For more past Event videos click here.
Featured Careers. Visit Jobs.Longwoods.com to see the most recent job postings.
- Chief Executive Officer - Ontario Association of Non-Profit Homes and Services for Seniors, Toronto, ON
- Regional Director, Patient Experience - William Osler Health Centre, Brampton, ON
- Vice President, Clinical Services - Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences, Oshawa, ON
Aug 25, 2016
Aug 25, 2016
- Impact of Information Technology on Human Resources in Healthcare
- The Nursing Human Resource Planning Best Practice Toolkit: Creating a Best Practice Resource for Nursing Managers
- Preventing and Managing Conflict: Vital Pieces in the Patient Safety Puzzle
- Transforming Healthcare Organizations
- Using SBAR to Communicate Falls Risk and Management in Inter-professional Rehabilitation Teams
- Towards a Canadian Model of Integrated Healthcare
- Transformational Leadership to Promote Cross-Generational Retention
- Clinical Nurse Specialists and Nurse Practitioners: Title Confusion and Lack of Role Clarity
- Healthy Workplaces for Health Workers in Canada: Knowledge Transfer and Uptake in Policy and Practice
- The Nurse Practitioner Role: Into the Future
- Danger of Simplification
- Nurse working conditions and restraint use in long-term care
- Social Media and the Medical Industry: A Whole New Sort of Healthcare Network
- Rocks ‘n Docs: A Life in Healthcare and Precious Metals Investing
- Quality Control of Equipment in Home Mechanical Ventilation: A European Survey
- Automating Data Capture from the Ontario Laboratories Information System (OLIS) for Secondary Data Uses
- Empathy: A Foundation for New Conversations
- Ontario Generic Drug Wars, Part 1: How It All Began
- CodePlus: Physical Design Components for an Elder Friendly Hospital
- Chapter 14: Make the Most of Your Turn
- The Language of Productivity is the Language of Workplace Health
- The Case for Workplace Health
- Ace the Executive Interview: Strategies for Leaders
- Happiness Rising
- The Demonstration Projects: Creating the Capacity for Nursing Health Human Resource Planning in Ontario's Healthcare Organizations
- Graduate Attributes for Master's Programs in Health Services and Policy Research: Results of a National Consultation
- "I’m sorry" doesn’t cut it.
- The Ugly Australian
- The TSX Gives a Short Course in Health Economics: It's the Prices, Stupid!
- Listening to Jared Loughner