How Long Is Too Long To Wait In An Emergency Room?
Emergency departments in Canada are very busy places. Every year, Canadians make about 16 million visits to emergency rooms and more than one million Canadians are admitted to hospital through emergency departments.
Given how complex it is to assess, treat and admit this large and variable population to hospital, it likely comes as no surprise that nearly all emergency department patients spend some of their time in hospital, waiting. Read more here
Call for Abstracts: Nursing Leadership: Making a Difference in Mental Health and Addictions
The Canadian Journal of Nursing Leadership is planning a future issue focused on nursing leadership in the area of mental health and addictions, and is seeking submission of abstracts proposing manuscripts related to this topic. For more information click here to download the PDF
Breakfast with the Chiefs - Thursday, May 04, 2017 - Toronto, ON
Leslee J. Thompson, CEO of Health Standards Organization and Accreditation Canada
Breakfast with the Chiefs - Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - Toronto, ON
André Picard, Health Columnist at The Globe and Mail and Dr. Andreas Laupacis, Executive Director of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital
Watch BWTC Videos here
- Administrator, Long-Term Care - Baycrest Health Sciences - Toronto, ON
- Manager, Quality Improvement and Patient Safety - South East Toronto Family Health Team, Toronto, ON
- Associate Dean, Nursing - British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT), Greater Vancouver, BC
Visit Jobs.Longwoods.com for many more job postings.
Apr 25, 2017
Apr 25, 2017
- Impact of Information Technology on Human Resources in Healthcare
- The Nursing Human Resource Planning Best Practice Toolkit: Creating a Best Practice Resource for Nursing Managers
- Preventing and Managing Conflict: Vital Pieces in the Patient Safety Puzzle
- Transforming Healthcare Organizations
- Using SBAR to Communicate Falls Risk and Management in Inter-professional Rehabilitation Teams
- Towards a Canadian Model of Integrated Healthcare
- Transformational Leadership to Promote Cross-Generational Retention
- Clinical Nurse Specialists and Nurse Practitioners: Title Confusion and Lack of Role Clarity
- Healthy Workplaces for Health Workers in Canada: Knowledge Transfer and Uptake in Policy and Practice
- The Nurse Practitioner Role: Into the Future
- WASH YOUR BLOODY HANDS
- The Grassroots eHealth Revolution
- Some Thoughts on the Field of KTE
- Electioneering Chronic Illness
- LHINs at Five Years – What Now?
- Patient-and Family-Centredness: Growing a Sustainable Culture
- Andrew Szende and the Development of the electronic Child Health Network (eCHN)
- Top 10 Changes in Healthcare in Canada in the Last 40 Years
- Courage A Rare Competency
- Healthcare Innovation: Extreme Affordability
- Behavioural Economics Explains Why Ontario Doctors Are So Livid
- Adults with Chronic Cough in Urban Bangladesh: Healthcare Utilization and Management of Cases by Private Practitioners
- Optimizing Registered Nurse Roles in the Delivery of Cancer Survivorship Care within Primary Care Settings
- Estimating the Cost of Cancer Care in British Columbia and Ontario: A Canadian Inter-Provincial Comparison
- Towards a Community-Based Dementia Care Strategy: A Perspective from Quebec
- A Snapshot of Advance Directives in Long-Term Care: How Often Is "Do Not" Done?
- Chasing CEO Talent in Healthcare: Is It Really About the Money?
- Spatial and Temporal Variations in Incidence of Tuberculosis in Africa, 1991 to 2005
- Primary Healthcare: The All-Too-Quiet Revolution in Waiting
- Extreme Makeover: Can We Achieve Rapid Improvement in Canada's Healthcare System?