Dear Class of 2020 by Dr. Danielle Martin
When I finished my interview for medical school, I cried. I was sure that I might never be given a chance to be a doctor. Many of you were probably as surprised when you got your acceptance letter as I was when I got mine, and in these early months in medical school of trying to learn the branches of the brachial plexus, you will at times wonder if the committee made a mistake, or if perhaps you did. Read more of her Open Letter to medical students here.
Things to know before you go under the knife
Breakfast with the Chiefs - Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - Toronto, ON
Omar Ishrak; Chairman and CEO, Medtronic
Watch BWTC Videos here
- Executive Director, Professional Development and Practice Support - College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC), Mississauga, ON
- Director of Client Services - Circle of Care, Toronto, ON
- Manager of Finance/Financial Controller - Health Quality Ontario, Toronto, ON
Visit Jobs.Longwoods.com for many more job postings.
Jan 18, 2017
Jan 18, 2017
- Impact of Information Technology on Human Resources in Healthcare
- The Nursing Human Resource Planning Best Practice Toolkit: Creating a Best Practice Resource for Nursing Managers
- Preventing and Managing Conflict: Vital Pieces in the Patient Safety Puzzle
- Transforming Healthcare Organizations
- Using SBAR to Communicate Falls Risk and Management in Inter-professional Rehabilitation Teams
- Towards a Canadian Model of Integrated Healthcare
- Transformational Leadership to Promote Cross-Generational Retention
- Clinical Nurse Specialists and Nurse Practitioners: Title Confusion and Lack of Role Clarity
- Healthy Workplaces for Health Workers in Canada: Knowledge Transfer and Uptake in Policy and Practice
- The Nurse Practitioner Role: Into the Future
- Do We Honour The Contributions Made By Our Most Important Asset?
- Rocks ‘n Docs: A Life in Healthcare and Precious Metals Investing
- Making Canada a Destination for Medical Tourists: Why Canadian Provinces Should Not Try to Become "Mayo Clinics of the North"
- Electioneering Chronic Illness
- Twenty Years of donnerwheeler: What We've Learned
- Health System Leadership and the Federal Role in Canada
- Ontario Generic Drug Wars, Part 1: How It All Began
- More Money for Healthcare is not the Answer
- Degrees of Separation: Do Higher Credentials Make Health Care Better?
- Prescription for Sustainable Medical Imaging in Canada? Ask the Experts: The Radiologists
- A housing adequacy checklist for seniors in receipt of home care
- Governance and Management Roles in Transforming and Integrating Independent Organizations within Interdependent Local Health Networks
- Spare the Policy, Spoil the Profession
- Getting What We Pay For? The Value-for-Money Challenge
- Designing Effective Governance for Quality and Safety in Canadian Healthcare
- Gardasil® – The New HPV Vaccine: The Right Product, the Right Time? A Commentary
- Why Does It Take So Long to Adopt an EMR? Part 1 of 2: A Model of the Effects of Socio-Technical Factors on Physician Office Productivity
- Compulsory School-Entry Vaccination Laws and Exemptions: Who Is Opting Out in Ontario and Why Does It Matter?
- Using Common Work Environment Metrics to Improve Performance in Healthcare Organizations
- Key Cloud Computing Issues and Questions for the Health Industry