Supply of nurses in Canada declines for first time in 2 decades
New report from the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) finds one of largest declines was in Ontario, where over 12,000 nurses left the profession. Fewer of these professionals ... applied for registration, while more chose not to renew their registration due to factors such as retirement, a new career path or a move outside Canada. Read more here.
Call for Abstracts – Special Focus on Informatics in Nursing
The Canadian Journal of Nursing Leadership invites abstract submissions for papers focused on issues of informatics in nursing. Abstracts must be submitted by September 4, 2015. More here.
Watch Dr. Jack Kitts, Dr. Barry McLellan, Dr. Kevin Smith and Leslee Thompson - Can innovation (1) improve care for patients (2) strengthen the healthcare system and (3) save money?
For past Breakfast with the Chiefs videos click here.
Attention Recruiters! Last Chance!! Book your postings NOW and Save 50% per posting! Details at Jobs.Longwoods.com
Check out these listings on Jobs.Longwoods.com
- Policy Advisor - The Toronto Academic Health Science Network, Toronto, ON
- National Director, Public Policy and Stakeholder Relations - Canadian Mental Health Association, Ontario, Ottawa, ON
Jun 30, 2015
Jun 30, 2015
- Impact of Information Technology on Human Resources in Healthcare
- The Nursing Human Resource Planning Best Practice Toolkit: Creating a Best Practice Resource for Nursing Managers
- Preventing and Managing Conflict: Vital Pieces in the Patient Safety Puzzle
- Transforming Healthcare Organizations
- Using SBAR to Communicate Falls Risk and Management in Inter-professional Rehabilitation Teams
- Towards a Canadian Model of Integrated Healthcare
- Transformational Leadership to Promote Cross-Generational Retention
- Clinical Nurse Specialists and Nurse Practitioners: Title Confusion and Lack of Role Clarity
- Healthy Workplaces for Health Workers in Canada: Knowledge Transfer and Uptake in Policy and Practice
- The Nurse Practitioner Role: Into the Future
- Drug Shortages: Searching for a Cure
- Electioneering Chronic Illness
- Automating Data Capture from the Ontario Laboratories Information System (OLIS) for Secondary Data Uses
- Asking, Listening, Talking
- Canada: Dignity in Diversity? A Reflection
- Master's-Prepared Novice? Commentary from a New Master's-Prepared Graduate
- Passive Following vs Future Focused Leading
- Health System Relationships – A Paradigm Shift for Safety and Quality in Healthcare
- Under the Radar: Stealth Development of Two-Tier Healthcare in Canada
- Environmental Health Assessment of Primary Schools in Southeastern Nigeria: Implication for a Healthy School Environment in Developing Countries
- Enablers and Barriers to Implementing Bedside Reporting: Insights from Nurses
- Response to a Serious Flood: The St Joseph’s Healthcare Experience
- The Unseen High-Cost Users: Children and Youth with Mental Illness
- How Many Patients Should a Family Physician Have? Factors to Consider in Answering a Deceptively Simple Question
- Is Patient-Centred Care Associated with Lower Diagnostic Costs?
- Access to Cancer Drugs in Canada: Looking Beyond Coverage Decisions
- Implementing Practice Management Strategies to Improve Patient Care: The EPIC Project
- The Journey toward High Performance and Excellent Quality
- Improving Quality and Performance in Ontario’s Cancer Services: Lessons for Constructing a Learning Healthcare System