Government of Canada releases first Interim Report on Medical Assistance in Dying
Between June 17 and December 31, 2016, the initial six months that assisted dying has been available throughout Canada (excluding Quebec*), there were 803 medically assisted deaths. These deaths account for approximately 0.6% of all deaths nationwide. The Government of Canada and provincial and territorial governments are working together to provide Canadians with that information with the release of the first "Interim Update on Medical Assistance in Dying" report. Read more here.
Call for Abstracts: Nursing Leadership: Making a Difference in Mental Health and Addictions
The Canadian Journal of Nursing Leadership is planning a future issue focused on nursing leadership in the area of mental health and addictions, and is seeking submission of abstracts proposing manuscripts related to this topic. For more information click here to download the PDF
Breakfast with the Chiefs - Thursday, May 04, 2017 - Toronto, ON
Leslee J. Thompson, CEO of Health Standards Organization and Accreditation Canada
Breakfast with the Chiefs - Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - Toronto, ON
André Picard, Health Columnist at The Globe and Mail and Dr. Andreas Laupacis, Executive Director of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital
Watch BWTC Videos here
- President and Chief Executive Officer - Southlake Regional Health Centre, Newmarket, ON
- Integrated President and Chief Executive Officer - Alexandra Hospital Ingersoll and Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital, Ingersoll, ON
- Chief Executive Officer - The Ontario College of Family Physicians (OCFP), Toronto, ON
Visit Jobs.Longwoods.com for many more job postings.
Apr 26, 2017
Apr 26, 2017
- Impact of Information Technology on Human Resources in Healthcare
- The Nursing Human Resource Planning Best Practice Toolkit: Creating a Best Practice Resource for Nursing Managers
- Preventing and Managing Conflict: Vital Pieces in the Patient Safety Puzzle
- Transforming Healthcare Organizations
- Using SBAR to Communicate Falls Risk and Management in Inter-professional Rehabilitation Teams
- Towards a Canadian Model of Integrated Healthcare
- Transformational Leadership to Promote Cross-Generational Retention
- Clinical Nurse Specialists and Nurse Practitioners: Title Confusion and Lack of Role Clarity
- Healthy Workplaces for Health Workers in Canada: Knowledge Transfer and Uptake in Policy and Practice
- The Nurse Practitioner Role: Into the Future
- Safe Medication Swallowing in Dysphagia: A Collaborative Improvement Project
- Palliative Care Versus Assisted Death
- Wait times continue to drag healthcare outcomes down
- Work Force Singing a New Kind of Blues
- LHINs at Five years – What Now?
- Opinion: Pay for Performance: The Wrong Time, the Wrong Place?
- Rocks ‘n Docs: A Life in Healthcare and Precious Metals Investing
- Will Falk Comments on John Ronson’s essay “LHINs at Five years – What Now?” Part 2 of 2
- Passive Following vs Future Focused Leading
- The Danger of Safe Ideas
- Behavioural Economics Explains Why Ontario Doctors Are So Livid
- Adults with Chronic Cough in Urban Bangladesh: Healthcare Utilization and Management of Cases by Private Practitioners
- Optimizing Registered Nurse Roles in the Delivery of Cancer Survivorship Care within Primary Care Settings
- Estimating the Cost of Cancer Care in British Columbia and Ontario: A Canadian Inter-Provincial Comparison
- Towards a Community-Based Dementia Care Strategy: A Perspective from Quebec
- A Snapshot of Advance Directives in Long-Term Care: How Often Is "Do Not" Done?
- Chasing CEO Talent in Healthcare: Is It Really About the Money?
- Spatial and Temporal Variations in Incidence of Tuberculosis in Africa, 1991 to 2005
- Primary Healthcare: The All-Too-Quiet Revolution in Waiting
- Extreme Makeover: Can We Achieve Rapid Improvement in Canada's Healthcare System?