Conferences and Education
NIHI On Demand Online EducationDecember 15 - 31, 2014
Online Series, ON
Register and gain 1 month access to any of these NIHI online series.
Until December 31, 2014
Available Online Series
- Advanced HI: How Complexity Can Help in the Development and Management of eHealth Applications
- Data Standards and SNOMED Series
- eHealth Future Trends
- eHealth Leadership Series
- eHealth Evaluation - Introduction to Quantitative Methods
- eHealth Evaluation - Introduction to Qualitative Methods
- Introduction to Evidence Based Medicine
- eHealth Strategies and Electronic Health Records
- Healthcare Analytics: A User's Guide to Results from Descriptive, Comparative and Predictive Analyses
- A Strategic Framework for Quality & Performance Improvements
- Demystifying Predictive Analytics
- Health Care & IT Governance Series
- H4IT: Introduction: How the Canadian healthcare system is organized, how clinicians provide care and how these worlds are interrelated.
- H4IT: Understanding Doctors, Nurses and Other Care Providers:
- H4IT: Complex Challenges in the Care of Individual Patients & Populations
- H4IT: Current Controversies in Health Care, Health Informatics and eHealth
- Practical Consulting: Giving Advice and Surviving Adversity; Managing Work with a Profit Motive
- Practical Development: The Major Secrets of Agile Approaches
- Practical eHealth Planning
- Practical eHealth Procurement
- Practical Healthcare: What Professionals Working in Health Care Need to Know
- Practical Meeting Facilitation
- Social Media in Health Care
National Canadian Forensic Nursing ConferenceFebruary 25 - 26, 2015
Marriott Renaissance Harbourside, Vancouver, BC
Forensic nurses assist the police to investigate crimes including sexual assault, domestic violence, psychological abuse, human trafficking, forensic mental or psychiatric health, suicide and suicide attempt, suspicious deaths, detecting drug or alcohol abuse, murder and assault. These nurses work in direct contact with the victims of crime and suspects of crime. The largest sub-speciality of forensic nursing is sexual assault, closely followed by death investigation, forensic psychiatric nursing and medico-legal consulting.
- Sharpen Your Clinical Forensic Skills
- Discover the Neurobiology of Trauma
- Build Cultural Safety and Competence
- Identify High Risk Factors for Violence
- Respond to Human Trafficking
- Strengthen Your Forensic Photography Skills
- Create Inter-professional Collaboration And Advocacy
- Understand Evidence Documentation and Court Testimony
20+ SPEAKERS INCLUDING:
- Dr. Bill Smock, Police Surgeon and Director, Clinical Forensic Medicine Program, Louisville Metro Police Department
- Morag McLean, Resource Nurse, Victorian Order of Nurses
- Cathy Carter-Snell, RN, BScN, MN, PhD, Professor, Mt. Royal University
- Judy Waldman, President, Forensic Nurses’ Society of Canada
- Sheila Early, President, International Association of Forensic Nursing
- Janet Calnan, President, National Emergency Nurses Association
- Stephanie Carlson, RN, SANE-A, CFN, SANE Program Coordinator, Regina General Hospital
- Eric Grummisch, Retired Vancouver Police Department Inspector
Sticker Shock: Finding value in an era of high-priced drugsMarch 3 - 9, 2015
March 3, 2015
Sheraton Wall Centre Hotel
The pricing of new drugs has always been a controversial subject. New, usually single source, and ever more expensive, treatments appear every year, stoking the controversy to a fever pitch. While “expensive” used to mean hundreds of dollars annually per patient, it can now mean hundreds of thousands of dollars. With prices changing so rapidly, and new products being introduced so frequently, how can we make evidence-informed decisions about what to cover, ensure we are getting good value for money, and still make treatments accessible to patients? At the 2015 CHSPR Conference we will hear some of the top experts in the field discuss whether we’re getting what we pay for… or paying for what we get.
Sean Tunis, Center for Medical Technology Policy
Teresa Gibson, Arbor Research and Harvard Medical School
Neil Palmer, PDCI Market Access Inc.
Mike Sullivan, Cubic Health Inc.
Arden Krystal, BC Provincial Health Services Authority
Barbara Walman, BC Ministry of Health
Chris McCabe, University of Alberta
Craig Mitton, University of BC
Register at http://chspr.ubc.ca/hpc/register
For more information: http://www.chspr.ubc.ca/hpc/overview. Follow @CHSPR on Twitter for regular conference updates.
Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute: Leading in Complex Environments … Finding the Courage to LeadMay 19 - 22, 2015
Canada, Toronto, Ontario
A Unique Health Care Leadership Development Experience from the Dorothy Wylie Health Leaders Institute
WHY YOU SHOULD PARTICIPATE IN THIS EXCITING LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY PURPOSE OF THE INSTITUTE
- Inspire and support health care leaders across sectors and disciplines
- Develop core leadership competencies appropriate to today’s dynamic and complex environment
- Promote integrated person-centred care
- Apply key concepts in real-life situations through experiential learning
- Assess personal leadership competencies and develop individual learning plans
- Evidence-based conceptual framework
- Expert facilitators
- Current and relevant guest faculty
- Experiential learning design
- Team registration
- Organizational change projects
- Four-day primary session, with a three-day reinforcing follow-up session
- Superb residential setting
Click here to download the PDF
Global Telehealth 2015May 29 - 30, 2015
The 4th GLOBAL TELEHEALTH Conference for Peer Reviewed & Applied Learning
National Health Leadership ConferenceJune 15 - 16, 2015
The National Health Leadership Conference is the largest national gathering of health leaders in Canada. Themed “Driving a culture of engagement, innovation and improvement”, this conference aims to again raise the bar, and galvanize the community around the pivotal role of leadership and a culture of engagement in driving change aimed at elevating Canada’s health system performance. For further information, click here.
4th International Conference and Exhibition on PathologyJuly 13 - 15, 2015
New Orleans, LA
OMICS cluster invitations all the participants across the world to attend the 4th International Conference and Exhibition on Pathology throughout July 13-15, 2015 New Orleans, USA. OMICS Group organizes scientific conferences on Clinical Sciences, Engineering & Applied Sciences, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, Omics & Management and Pharmaceutical/Chemistry and it is a perfect platform for global networking. Few of conference and Journals had collaborated with International Associations. Conferences and Journals are greatly supported by top indexing & Convention centres. International conference as greatly attracted by Nobel Laurent, Symposiums, Workshops, Keynote sessions, Exhibitions and Delegates.
Pathology itself means the study of pathogens and causative agents which cause Infection, diseases etc.., Different pathogens cause different type of infection to various organs in human body. Confirmation and detection of the survival of a microorganism studies may be referred to as as medicine one in every of the Sub-specialties of pathology that focuses on determinant the reason for death by examining a remains is named medicine. The diagnosing is performed by a public officer or doctor, typically throughout the survey of civil law and legal code cases in some jurisdictions. Health workers and public officer also are commonly asked to verify the identity of a body. The standards varies from country to country for an entire knowledgeable in rhetorical medical specialist.
Pathology-2015 could be an exceptional event that brings along a novel and International mixture of giant and medium pathology analysis, leading universities and pathology analysis establishments creating the conference an ideal platform to share expertise, foster collaborations across trade and world, and assess rising technologies across and the world.
This page lists quality conferences and events that relate to research, policy and best practices for leaders in research, education, management, practice and policy in healthcare. To post your conference, click "Post a Conference" above.
A more comprehensive conference/education service is available: A Longwoods™ knowledge partner works in collaboration with Longwoods™ Publishing to: disseminate pre-conference reading material; advance the conference agenda; publish proceedings or related material on the Longwoods™ website, otherwise; share new ideas, policies or best practices with leaders in healthcare management, practice, education and research. Contact email@example.com.