Conferences and Education
Summer On Demand SeriesJuly 20, 2015 to August 31, 2015
Online, Toronto, ON
Register and gain 1 month access to any of these NIHI online series. These recordings are an excellent way to gain essential information about key areas of Health Informatics and eHealth, to further or update your knowledge, and to fill in knowledge gaps.
Available Online Series
- Advanced HI: Using Complexity Science in eHealth
- Change Management Series
- Data Standards and Terminology Series
- eHealth Future Trends
- eHealth Leadership Series
- eHealth Skills Series
- eHealth Systems 101: Essential Concepts & Good Practices
- eHealth Strategies and Electronic Health Records
- Healthcare Analytics Series
- Health Care & IT Governance Series
- H4IT: Introduction: How the Canadian healthcare system is organized, how clinicians provide care and how these worlds are intrerrelated.
- H4IT: Understanding Doctors, Nurses and Other Care Providers:
- H4IT: Complex Challenges in the Care of Individual Patients & Populations
- H4IT: Current Controversies in Health Care, Health Informatics and eHealth
- Patient Engagement Series
- Practical Consulting: Giving Advice and Surviving Adversity; Managing Work with a Profit Motive
- Practical Development: The Major Secrets of Agile Approaches
- Practical eHealth Planning
- Practical eHealth Procurement
- Practical Healthcare: What Professionals Working in Health Care Need to Know
- Practical Meeting Facilitation
- Social Media in Health Care
Institute for Health Technology Transformation Vancouver Health IT SummitSeptember 17 - 18, 2015
Rosewood Hotel Georgia, Vancouver, Canada
Mark Your Calendar for this Must-Attend Healthcare Conference
Each year, the Institute hosts a series of events & programs which promote improvements in the quality, safety, and efficiency of health care through information technology and facilitating knowledge exchange. iHT² programs are designed to support multi-stakeholder organizations who are navigating through health IT issues, policies and strategies in an attempt to improve care. Institute programs include a variety of guest speakers and keynotes representing many diverse sectors within health care. Speaker faculty provide expert advice, practical recommendations, solution-oriented best practices and reactions related to the most pressing issues.
This hosted event brings together C-level, physician, practice management and IT decision-makers from North America’s leading provider organizations and physician practices. For two full days, executives interact with a national audience of peers, national leaders and solution providers featuring the latest solutions for practice management, mobility, telemedicine, outsourcing, IT infrastructure, next-generation electronic medical records, disease management, and more.
Now in its eighth successful year, the Health IT Summit is the premier executive summit focused on the strategies and tools that are re-defining customer care, collaboration and efficiency in the healthcare provider markets.
Best of all, the Health IT Summit is not a trade show or traditional conference but an intimate, upscale experience in a world-class venue. The unique agenda features a preview of the latest healthcare technologies, industry panels with healthcare luminaries, product demonstrations from leading vendors, and high-level content from researchers reporting on the healthcare industry. Attendees also have the ability to schedule one-on-one meetings with vendors and other delegates of their choice, and attend high-level networking events and receptions.
When registering use the code "Longwoods" and receive a 15% discount.
Network Leadership Symposium 2015September 22 - 24, 2015
University of Alberta, Lister Centre, Edmonton , Alberta
Since 2005, a collaborative of individuals and organizations from across Canada, the United States and Europe has planned and hosted six Networks Leadership Symposia designed for senior government, research and organizational leaders to explore ways to establish, support, manage and evaluate inter-organizational networks. Building on our prior success, a seventh symposium is being planned for September 2015 in Edmonton, Alberta.
The 2015 symposium will explore if and/or how inter-organizational networks can help address critical policy issues and practice challenges. Specifically, can networks be used successfully as deliberate tools or interventions to create better public policy, services and practice; or are they simply so ubiquitous that they have become the universal remedy, effective or not, for any wicked problem?
Why get involved in Networks as Interventions: Policy Tool or Panacea?
1) Access to network experts and health, policy, knowledge mobilization and research professionals from across Canada;
2) A unique entry point to multiple professional networks and organizations, including evaluation, public policy, public administration, health care, public health, environmental management and applied research;
3) Increased opportunities for collaboration, partnership and engagement in priority areas;
4) An opportunity to demonstrate leadership and innovation by being part of cutting-edge network research, policy and applied work;
5) An opportunity to connect with network thought leaders and innovators from across Canada, and internationally.
Registration is typically limited to encourage active participation among registrants and with presenters
2015 Health Technology Assessment for Decision MakersSeptember 28 - 30, 2015
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
Registration Opens: July 1, 2015
Registration Deadline: September 4, 2015
An intensive course on pragmatic HTA tools for decision makers, industry representatives and researchers
- Review and appraise clinical evidence
- Assess and interpret cost-effectiveness analyses
- Identify ways to address social and ethical issues through HTA
This year the course is a product of collaboration between the Toronto Health Economics and Technology Assessment Collaborative (THETA), Institute of Health, Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto and Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto.
The HTA Institute will bring together experts from a range of disciplines to provide attendees with pragmatic tools for HTA. This three-day intensive course will be useful to individuals who use HTA to make decisions relating to drugs, devices, and programs.
The Big Data for Productivity CongressOctober 19 - 21, 2015
The Big Data for Productivity Congress is the world’s first conference to focus on how Big Data is improving the productivity of business, government, and health services.
On October 19 to 21 in Halifax NS, Canada, senior business and government executives will hear from some of the world’s leading thinkers on Big Data and on the themes of the congress: Health, Smart Cities, the Internet of Everything and Business Productivity. The plenary speaker this year is world-renowned futurist Ray Kurzweil, who is described as the “ultimate thinking machine” by Forbes magazine.
The Health Analytics track offers some of the best minds in the world on using Big Data for improved patient outcomes. Including Dr. John Mattison, Chief Medical Information Officer, Kaiser Permanente and Dr. Brett Trusko, Professor of Biomedical Infomatics, Texas A&M. Speakers include Dr. Steve Shaha and Margie Kennedy Ph.D.
We look forward to you joining us for an opportunity to learn, connect and collaborate in one of the world’s leading centres for innovation in Big Data.
Advanced Health Leadership ProgramFebruary 22 - 26, 2016
Dates: the three module dates are as follows:
- Module I: February 22–26, 2016
- Module II: April 18–22, 2016
- Module III: June 13–17, 2016
Location: Rotman School of Management, Toronto, Ontario
Fee: Details regarding scholarships and fees structure are below under 'How to Apply'
This program meets the accreditation criteria of The College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been accredited by Continuing Education and Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, for up to 106.5 Mainpro-M1 credits. It is also an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and has been approved for 106.5 credits.
This page lists quality conferences and events that relate to research, policy and best practices for leaders in research, education, management, practice and policy in healthcare. To post your conference, click "Post a Conference" above.
A more comprehensive conference/education service is available: A Longwoods™ knowledge partner works in collaboration with Longwoods™ Publishing to: disseminate pre-conference reading material; advance the conference agenda; publish proceedings or related material on the Longwoods™ website, otherwise; share new ideas, policies or best practices with leaders in healthcare management, practice, education and research. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.