Conferences and Education
Measuring Return on Investment in Health CareMarch 30, 2016 to May 4, 2016
Online, 12:00 - 1:30 PM ET
Continuing Care and Community Living EXPO 2016April 21, 2016 to May 6, 2016
Calgary and Edmonton, AB
Continuing Care and Community Living EXPO 2016
Connect | Experience | Learn
Continuing Care & Community Living - EXPO 2016 - Alberta’s largest independent living and mobility show is coming soon! EXPO 2016 promotes independent living and will bring consumers, service providers, health care professionals, specialist manufacturers and retailers together. Exhibitors will showcase services, learning opportunities, and technologies to support those with special needs, care requirements, or chronic conditions, and their families and caregivers. EXPO 2016 will offer the latest thinking, strategies, technologies and solutions to support independent living.
Calgary, AB April 21, 2016
Edmonton, AB May 6, 2016
Industrial Strength Privacy and Security Online WorkshopMay 3, 2016 to June 14, 2016
Online, using Webex
May 3, 10, 17, 24, & 31 & June 14, 2016
12:00 - 1:30 PM ET
Live, interactive, ONLINE using Webex
Gain CPE Credits while you learn!
Just ask the chief executives of Target, Sony or Ashley Madison. Privacy and security are serious business issues!
This six-session online intensive workshop provides a deep look at the skills and tools needed to develop and deploy private and secure cloud, mobile, social media, wearable and IoT solutions in health care, retail, finance, travel, transportation, energy and other industries. It looks at privacy and security requirementsfrom both the vendor and customer perspectives.
Led by Privacy by Design Ambassador, Brendan Seaton, the workshop features lectures from noted privacy and security experts and hands-on activities that provide a foundation for the knowledge, skills and tools needed to protect personal information.
- Privacy and security fundamentals
- The impact of innovation and rapidly advancing technology
- Privacy by design
- Privacy and security architecture
- Privacy and the law
- Building a privacy and security program for your organization
- Privacy Impact Assessment and Threat and Risk Assessment
- Marketing privacy and security for competitive advantage
- Certification of Digital Health Solutions
Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Conference (QUIPS)May 6, 2016
The QuIPS Conference aims to provide students an enriching educational and professional development experience, outside of the classroom. It encourages lifelong learning and is a celebration of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Student-led research projects are showcased, promoted and rewarded, and allow students the opportunity to truly take ownership of their work. Most importantly, the conference promotes interdisciplinary collaboration. It develops in students the ability to view problems through multiple lenses in order to derive solutions that will positively impact the lives of patients and society as a whole. This is a critical skill for professional development. QuIPS aims to make positive contributions to the student experience, and thereby the healthcare professionals of tomorrow.
Annual Healthcare Supply Chain ConferenceMay 9 - 11, 2016
HSCN's National Supply Chain's Conference and Exhibition Linking the Supply Chain Together, promises more learning opportunities than ever before with 2016's all-new introduction of concurrent streams, designed to appeal to individual tastes within the supply chain. Join us in learning through real-life experiences of supply chain experts.
The HSCN conference is the "must attend" event within the healthcare supply chain community and is an excellent way to hear about and discuss current issues and leading practice innovation within the industry while networking with colleagues across the country and connection with your suppliers at our exhibition.
The conference is designed for senior management, executives, decision makers and professionals integral to improving supply chain efficiencies including:
- Presidents, Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers of Supply Chain with Shared Service Organizations, Group Purchasing Organizations, CCACs and Hospitals
- Purchasing and Logistics Professionals
- Ministries - Government Services; Health; Finance
- Clinical Resource Managers
- Contract Administrators
- Chief Financial and Resource Officers
- Operating Room Buyers
- Central Service and Supply Personnel
- Healthcare Supplier, Manufacturer and Logistics Representatives
- Healthcare I-Commerce and MMIS Professionals
- Standards Organizations
- Healthcare Resource and Materials Management Consultants
- Healthcare Contracted Support Services Professionals
2016 CAHSPR ConferenceMay 9 - 12, 2016
Hilton Downtown Toronto, Toronto, ON
A Learning Healthcare System: Let the Patient Revolution Begin!
Advancing Safety for Patients In Residency EducationMay 10 - 13, 2016
The Canadian Patient Safety Institute in collaboration with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada are offering an Advancing Safety for Patients in Residency Education (ASPIRE) workshop.
ASPIRE educational sessions are delivered by well-respected, quality and patient safety health care professionals and educators from across Canada and focus on:
- Incorporating patient safety, quality improvement and resource stewardship content into residency training and faculty development;
- Developing skills to lead educational change and integrate patient safety, quality improvement and resource stewardship training in residency programs; and
- Creating an educational plan for patient safety, quality improvement and resource stewardship that can be implemented in programs or organizations.
This program is geared towards medical educators and residents with a keen interest in teaching and implementing patient safety and quality improvement initiatives in their practice. To learn more about registration click below.
2016 Canadian Conference on Physician LeadershipMay 13 - 14, 2016
Royal York Hotel, Toronto, ON
Get inspired at the 2016 Canadian Conference on Physician Leadership – “Leading Together, Achieving Results”
Attend the conference and/or take advantage of a pre-conference PMI physician leadership or CSPL course on May 11-12. Limited spots available.
Emergency Planning and Preparedness in Health Care FacilitiesMay 13, 2016
Emergency Planning and Preparedness in Health Care Facilities
The past few years have witnessed many natural and human caused disasters that have influenced the life of millions around the globe. Health care organizations face greater challenges to prepare for new kinds of emergencies, some never seen or experienced before. As a result, we ponder: Are health care facilities in Canada prepared for what is around the bend?
Explore sessions on key issues in Emergency Planning and Preparedness, specific to health care facilities:
- THE FUNDAMENTALS of Disaster Preparedness for Healthcare Facilities
- Lessons Learned from BOSTON MARATHON BOMBING
- HURRICANE SANDY: Hospital Evacuations
- Emergency Planning and Preparedness at Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel
- CODE BLACK: Bomb Threat Emergency Planning
- ETHICS in Emergency and Disasters
- Interactive KNOWLEDGE SHARING Sharing Session
- SOCIAL MEDIA and Crisis Communications
Attend, network with peers and improve your organization’s ability to manage emergencies.
Become a Patient Safety Trainer ConferenceMay 18 - 19, 2016
Sioux Lookout, ON
The Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI) in collaboration with Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre and the Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) are pleased to announce that the Become a Patient Safety Trainer conference, a high impact, 2-day comprehensive patient safety education program.
Program participants will learn how to:
- teach others using the PSEP – Canada Core Curriculum.
- engage and inspire others while leading and implementing quality and safety improvement projects using the PSEP – Canada Core Curriculum.
- teach the best patient safety techniques. For example, identifying environmental factors that may contribute to patient harm, as well as understanding the components of safe delivery of medications: reconciling, ordering, transcribing, dispensing, delivering, and administering.
- influence others attitudes and behaviours toward an understanding that patient safety is essential in their daily work, including understanding of the multiple factors causing patient harm in the healthcare environment and how to implement organizational models of safety.
- contribute to a culture of patient safety of the whole workplace or organization using the different approaches to managing risks and influencing system change.
- contribute to a significant internal capacity for patient safety education within their own organization by acquiring skills and abilities in teaching patient safety and customizing the PSEP – Canada curriculum to organizational priorities.
This page lists quality conferences and events that relate to research, policy and best practices for leaders in research, education, management, practice and policy in healthcare. To post your conference, click "Post a Conference" above.
A more comprehensive conference/education service is available: A Longwoods™ knowledge partner works in collaboration with Longwoods™ Publishing to: disseminate pre-conference reading material; advance the conference agenda; publish proceedings or related material on the Longwoods™ website, otherwise; share new ideas, policies or best practices with leaders in healthcare management, practice, education and research. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.