AI has captured our imaginations. Computers that can learn and take on human tasks offer real opportunities across all of parts of our healthcare system. At the same time, we struggle with the simultaneous challenge of improving access, affordability and effectiveness in what sometimes feels like an “iron triangle”. AI technology gives us the ability to move non-routine tasks to machines and to patients with machines, augmenting the work of people and giving some hope of closing the gap between the demand for care and its supply in a more affordable way and on patient’s terms. The transformative impact of AI will be felt in making healthcare more affordable and accessible not just more effective.
Breakfast with the Chiefs is an educational session that provides invited “Chief Executives” the opportunity to share new ideas, policies and/or best practices with colleagues. Our speakers are CEOs, notable researchers, cabinet ministers, deputies, or leaders from the academic community. The briefings are 60 minutes long, concise and to the point. A full web version may be made available on Longwoods.com after the live presentation.
The live sessions are available to HealthcareBoard members only. Please click here to learn more about becoming a member.
Sign up here to be notified of dates and registration
- Existing individual members must sign-in or create a Longwoods account and then register.
- Existing institutional and commercial members must sign-out of their institutional account and then sign-in as an individual or create a Longwoods account and then register.
- A one-time registration fee is available to non-members who are public healthcare administrators, health service providers, researchers, and policy administrators. Non-members must still sign-in or create a Longwoods account.
Register for December 5, 2019 - Hartley Stern, Executive Director and CEO, Canadian Medical Protective Association
Stayed Tuned for more Breakfast with the Chiefs:
- Franklin Holtforster, CEO, Colliers International
- Chris Power, CEO, CPSI
- Susan Fitzpatrick, Interim CEO, Ontario Health
- Jennifer Zelmer, President and CEO, CFHI
- Shirlee Sharkey, President and CEO, SE Health
Breakfast with the Chiefs is made possible by our supporters:
Longwoods™ Publishing, in collaboration with its partners, regularly produce learning events for its HealthcareBoard members. The Longwoods™ HealthcareBoard is made up of partners and subscribers who are leaders in policy, research, practice and management.
Click here for more information.
If you are not sure of your status and want more information, please contact Rebecca Hart.