China says more than 1,700 health workers infected in coronavirus outbreak Social Sharing
2020-02-14 from cbc.ca
- China's National Health Commission reports 5,090 new coronavirus cases on the mainland, for a total of 63,851.
- Health commission reports 121 new deaths, bringing the death toll in mainland China to 1,380.
- Chinese official says 1,716 health-care workers have been infected, and 6 have died.
- WHO says full team of international experts will be on the ground in China this weekend.
- Egypt confirms 1st case, says patient is in isolation at hospital.
- Japanese officials allowing some Diamond Princess passengers to disembark and complete their quarantine on land. 12 Canadians among the passengers with COVID-19.
- Public health officials say risk is low in Canada.
- WATCH: What we know about the coronavirus
The coronavirus has taken a growing toll on Chinese health workers on the front line of the fight to stop the outbreak, a top official said Friday.
Overall, China's National Health Commission said it had recorded 121 new deaths and 5,090 new coronavirus cases on the mainland on Thursday, taking the total number of infected to 63,851.
Some 55,748 people are being treated, while 1,380 people have died of the virus that emerged in December in Wuhan, the capital of the central province of Hubei.
Read more here