Healthcare leaders and thought-provoking speakers to gather at HealthAchieve 2010
With more than 50 educational sessions, 300 exhibitors and 9000 delegates, North America’s largest health care show promises to inspire ideas and innovation
November 3, 2010, Toronto – HealthAchieve, North America’s largest and most-respected health-care conference and exhibition, sheds light on our healthcare successes, and where we can improve. Taking place from November 8th to 10th at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, the show will feature:
- Renowned Harvard professor, Dr. Clayton Christensen, who will apply his “disruptive innovation” theory to health care reform. (Monday November 8th)
- Lieutenant-General The Honourable Roméo Dallaire (Ret.) presenting on The New Leadership – a Humanistic approach. (Wednesday November 10th)
- Outstanding Canadian athletes Clara Hughes, Jennifer Heil, Alexandre Bilodeau and Lauren Woolstencroft, who will share the stage with award-winning sportscaster and broadcaster Brian Williams, to talk about going for the gold. (Tuesday November 9th)
- Nick Vujicic will share his story about how being born without arms or legs has allowed him to live a ‘ridiculously good life’. (Tuesday, November 9th)
- The 17th Surgeon General of the United States, Dr. Richard Carmona will look at the future of health care (Monday November 8th)
- Elyse Allan, President and CEO of GE Canada, will share her learnings from the launch of GE’s Ecomagination initiative, which is committed to solving some of the world’s toughest challenges. (Monday November 8th)
- Many more speakers covering a range of topics from nurse and physician leadership to green health care and eHealth will be attending HealthAchieve. The 2010 line up will explore new ideas and challenge the status quo as a means to enable continuous improvement in health care delivery.
“In our 86th year, HealthAchieve has grown to become an influential force in Canadian health care,” says Tom Closson, President and CEO of the Ontario Hospital Association, the organization that hosts HealthAchieve. “It’s where big ideas are generated and it offers an opportunity to take a step back from our daily work, and ask ourselves what we can learn from these new ideas and then act in a way that will lead to better patient care and efficiency.”
New this year, COACH: Canada’s Health Informatics Association, is partnering with the show to deliver eHealthAchieve, a unique track featuring presentations, education sessions and keynote speeches from prominent thought leaders such as Dr. Edward M. Brown, CEO, Ontario Telemedicine Network; and Greg Reed, CEO, eHealth Ontario.
HealthAchieve’s exhibit floor provides access to cutting-edge innovations from exhibitors around the world showcasing new technologies, and products and services that are driving the health care industry forward. And, for the second year running, the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, in partnership HealthAchieve, will highlight the remarkable innovations developed by Ontario’s health care providers, during the Celebrating Innovations in Health Care Expo, taking place on Wednesday, November 10.
For more information and a full schedule of sessions, visit www.healthachieve.com.
For media RSVP and interview requests contact Leah Gaucher, 416-929-2052, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sarah Hall at 416-929-7740, or email@example.com. Media are encouraged to pre-register to cover the event.
Leah Gaucher I BlueSky Communications Inc.
T 416.929.2052 I F 416.929.4059