When Mental Health and Obesity Overlap
New conference announced by three agencies.
The Canadian Obesity Network, the International Association for the Study of Obesity and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health are creating a one-of-a-kind opportunity to understand what can be done when mental illness and obesity overlap.
The Hot Topic Conference: Obesity & Mental Health will take place June 26-28, 2012 at the Intercontinental Centre, 225 Front Street West, Toronto, ON. More than 20 Canadian and internationally renowned experts from a variety of disciplines will engage participants and explore the scientific and methodological issues in obesity and mental illness research and practice.
Build your knowledge and understanding in the areas of:
- Clinical assessment and management of patients with obesity and mental illness.
- Current evidence and best practices in psychological and behavioural interventions.
- Current evidence on emerging pharmacological treatments for obesity and mental illness.
- Current understanding of the neuropsychobiology of ingestive behaviour and mental health disorders.
- Interdisciplinary obesity research and practice.
- Bias and stigma associated with obesity and mental illness.
- Research priorities in the emerging field of obesity and mental illness.
The preliminary program and registration can be found here.