Orion Health Enhances Newfoundland and Labrador's e-Health Infrastructure
Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information to Receive Clinical Workflow and Integration Technology Solutions
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - May 28, 2012) - Orion Health, a leader in electronic health records (EHR) and healthcare integration solutions, has been chosen by the Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information (the Centre) to deliver a province-wide, interoperable solution as part of its Electronic Health Record/Labs project. The EHR framework supports the province's vision of improving the quality, safety and delivery of patient care for its citizens by providing more complete and timely healthcare information to health providers.
The Electronic Health Record/Labs project will continue to make quality health information available to authorized health professionals in Newfoundland and Labrador and is a vital next step in continuing development of province's EHR. The development and implementation of this project also supports the national health mandate to develop a pan-Canadian health infrastructure where patient information is integrated and accessible.
The Orion Health solution is made up of three core products:
- The Concerto Clinical Portal: an EHR Desktop Viewer that provides a single point of access to view patient information using a secure web-based clinician portal;
- The Concerto Clinical Data Repository: enables the creation and maintenance of a secure, single patient record that can be securely accessed and updated by hospital clinicians, administrators and authorized external users and;
- The Rhapsody Integration Engine: integrates existing information systems within a region and connects to other regional networks and private laboratories.
These products work in tandem to:
- Improve coordination of care across healthcare teams;
- Reduce inefficiencies such as duplicate lab orders; and
- Improve quality of patient care.
Currently, a large number of Newfoundland and Labrador healthcare providers have taken initial steps to integrate their activities into the provincial EHR. With Orion Health's upgraded EHR solutions, Newfoundland and Labrador will become one of the leading provinces in Canada to deploy a fully functional EHR environment.
"We are thrilled to be supporting Newfoundland and Labrador in their efforts to implement a province-wide EHR system to improve productivity and the overall healthcare system through a better utilization of resources," said Gary Folker, Senior Vice President, Orion Health in Canada. "Orion Health's technologies are the cornerstone of EHRs in Canada, supporting the majority of provinces as well impacting the lives of millions of Canadians."
About Orion Health Ltd.
Orion Health is the only global, independently owned eHealth software company and is the world's leading provider of electronic health records (EHRs) and healthcare integration solutions. Worldwide, Orion Health solutions are used in 30 countries by more than 300,000 clinicians. In Canada, thousands of clinicians and hundreds of provider facilities and OEM partners rely on Orion Health to facilitate data exchange between hospitals, health systems and EHRs, resulting in improved care coordination, increased cost savings and efficiencies, and enhanced quality of care. Orion Health is a preferred Canada Health Infoway Solution. More information can be found at http://www.orionhealth.com.