Longwoods Members are made up of Longwoods.com supporters and subscribers who are leaders in policy, research, practice and management.
- Invitations to the Longwoods Breakfast Series, HealthcareRounds and other Longwoods™ events · A subscription to the journal or journals of your choice; includes online access to all articles ever published in the journal
- Input into developing and delivering Longwoods™ learning programs
- Promotion through event(s) sponsorship and advertising (for commercial members)
There are three levels of membership:
- Commercial members: include affiliates of commercial organizations that provide products, services or care in healthcare. Organizations funding and financing research are included. Sustained support from these members enables our knowledge exchange program across the healthcare continuum. For information on how to join please contact Matthew Hart.
- Institutional Members: include non-commercial healthcare or educational institutions. For more information or to sign up contact Rebecca Hart.
- Individual members: include public healthcare administrators, health service providers, researchers, and policy administrators who have no affiliation with corporate or commercial healthcare organization and who have purchased a personal subscription to one or more of our journals. For more information please contact Barbara Marshall or by telephone at 416-864-9667.
Commercial members are affiliates of commercial organizations that provide products, services or care in healthcare. This includes organizations funding and managing research contracts. They partner with Longwoods™ through a contribution agreement that can include sponsorships and/or advertising. This applies to both public and private sectors.
Collaboration with our commercial members enables us to publish our journals and develop and deliver learning programs and other knowledge transfer activities. When available outstanding venues are provided for leaders and emerging leaders in healthcare throughout the year.
Commercial members use our journals and our web pages to advance their:
- Institutions, organizations, companies or communities
- Products & services
- Career opportunities
The terms of the contribution agreement may include some or all of the following benefits:
- Opportunities to attend the Longwoods Breakfast Series and participate in HealthcareRounds
- Online access to our journals and online programs
- Input in developing and delivering learning programs
- Event sponsorship including recognition by the CEO of Longwoods™ during event's opening remarks and logo placement on event literature
- A live link on www.Longwoods.com to the commercial member's website
- A corporate or leadership profile on the Longwoods™ website
- Logo placement in print journals and online Organizations interested in a commercial membership should contact Matthew Hart by email or by telephone at 416-864-9667.
Institutional Members are non-commercial healthcare or educational institutions: The Institutional Package includes the following:
- Access to the following journals in print (where applicable) and online through IP authentication (where available) for all staff and board members
- Healthcare Quarterly
- Healthcare Papers
- Healthcare Policy
- Nursing Leadership
- Opportunities for staff and board members to attend the Longwoods Breakfast Series at no extra charge and participate in HealthcareRounds at a discounted price
- Input into developing and delivering Longwoods™ learning programs.
This enables all persons in the institution access to the subscribed data as well as access to archives of Longwoods' events. For more information please email Rebecca Hart or call 416-864-9667 ext. 114.
Individual members: are public healthcare administrators, health service providers, researchers, and policy administrators who have no affiliation within corporate or commercial healthcare. Membership requires a paid individual subscription to at least one Longwoods™ journal and includes.
- Opportunities to attend the Longwoods Breakfast Series at no extra charge and participate in HealthcareRounds at a discounted price
- Print (if applicable) and online access to subscribed journal(s)
- Input into developing and delivering Longwoods™ learning programs. For more information please email Barbara Marshall
Longwoods’ provides a series of educational events designed to bring together healthcare providers with healthcare policy makers, academe and suppliers of products and services. To reach many stakeholders (especially customers and their influencers) we invite you to participate in our education programs.
The Longwoods Breakfast Series is a season of monthly educational briefings that provide invited leaders and innovators in healthcare the opportunity to share new ideas, policies and/or best practices with their colleagues. Our speakers are C-level executives, notable researchers, cabinet ministers, deputies, or leaders from the academic community. The briefings are 45-60 minutes long, concise and to the point. The sessions are webcast and a full web version is made available a week after the live presentation.
HealthcareRounds are offered once or twice a year. The sessions are designed in collaboration with teaching hospitals, major associations, clinical staff, universities, and corporate partners. Participants share practices, stimulate discussions and create learning opportunities for healthcare professionals. Topics brought forth for presentation may also be considered for publication, subject to the editor’s review. For more information please email Matthew Hart or call 416-864-9667 ext. 113 Top
Members honour us with long-standing support enabling us to bring excellence in information and exchange programs across the healthcare continuum. Should you wish to know more and/or meet the CEO of Longwoods, please contact Matthew Hart.